IP DECT Open Architecture, Embracing CAT-iq
IP DECT (Internet Protocol Digital Enhanced Cordless Technology) combining the benefits of IP and DECT technologies, delivers on-site wireless telephony that uniquely combines the benefits of IP technology with the superior quality and facilities of the well established DECT technology.
With Business Mobility IP DECT, a single converged network provides both fixed and wireless telephony. Wireless telephony in a multi-site company or large campus environment is a matter of installing IP DECT Access Points (APs) at remote locations, with no need for additional remote equipment. These locations become an integral part of your central communication infrastructure.
- Improved customer satisfaction – callers get quick access to employees, improving customer satisfaction
- Business efficiency – employees can always be reached and seamless handover guarantees conversations continue when on the move.
- Increased performance – powerful functionality such as corporate directory access, text messaging and presence
- Cost savings – easy to use wireless voice drastically reduces monthly cellular costs
- Scalability – scale up or down as your business demands
- Security - safe communication for any sized organisation
IP DECT Open Architecture, Embracing CAT-iq
To protect investments and stay competitive, Business Mobility IP DECT is based on the open SIP standard. This basis offers compatibility to many platforms available in the market. NEC’s IP DECT portfolio takes advantage of the CAT-iq standard with HD-voice quality as important enhancement to DECT and supports applications such as Unified Communications, messaging, alarming, task management and localisation.
Business Mobility IP DECT provides wireless telephony in a multi-site business or campus environment. Organisations with a main office and different branch offices for instance simply install IP DECT Access Points at remote locations, which form one cluster with all other Access Points via the company’s network infrastructure.
Proven Reliability – Across All Levels
DECT is a proven, excellent mobility solution for the vast majority of businesses. For one, it offers the ultimate in reliability - in terms of scalability, security and coverage. Its exclusive frequency band makes it totally free from interference, while encryption and security are standard. And once installed it never fails.
Corporate Directory and Presence status
Business Mobility IP DECT provides users with access to the company’s corporate directory. At all times the telephone numbers and names of the entire organization are at hand. Users can also see the presence of the person they need. No need to search for personal contact information or consult the nearest PC screen, just browse to the right person in your DECT handset and check the person’s presence status.
Text and Alarm Messaging
Business Mobility IP DECT provides powerful text and alarm messaging capabilities for a wide variety of applications in different types of business. With messaging, staff can be alerted about incidents such as a fire, nurse calls or status of industrial processes. Messaging includes individual messages to terminals, broadcast messages to a group of terminals and confirmation messages by the user. Different priority levels allow staff to differentiate between messages.
Business Mobility IP DECT can also be used to locate DECT handsets and their users. This can be essential if, for example, staff need immediate assistance from colleagues. Pushing the SOS button on the phone, the system alerts staff to provide assistance, while the system automatically provides the location information.
IP DECT Ensures the Best User Experience:
- Crystal clear audio quality up to HD audio
- Appealing and ergonomic handsets deliver optimal mobility, flexibility and comfort of use
- Easy access to a central directory and employee presence information
- High feature-transparency so you can use the same facilities while away from your desk
- Roaming between networks allows you to use the handset on different (remote) locations
- Full security with secure DECT air interface, uniquely identified handsets and voice encryption
- Easy deployment - plug and play install and downloadable software in APs and handsets
- A scalable solution (up to 2000 APs in IP DECT system) for large campuses or organizations
- Messaging and alarming functions offer the optimum in staff safety and personal security